Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Best Social Distortion Opener that you have seen....

  1. #11
    Inactive Member two drink minimum's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    1,655
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by PiRSquared:
    Damn they just suck everywhere they go.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Warning: I don't know this person.

  2. #12
    HB Forum Owner wolfpits's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,546
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Photopunk,

    i have a hard time believing that pearl jam opened for these guys back in 1992. Thats when they really started to break out and should have headlined.

    it was pretty memorable for me when Mike opened with an accoustic version of when the angels sing at the benefit concert for dennis.

    I also distinctly remember them opening a show back in like 93 or so at the barn at UC Riverside with "like and outlaw". Fuck I got a boner that night.

    --steve

  3. #13
    Inactive Member two drink minimum's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    1,655
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Vedder was wearing a social distortion shirt on this live show I saw. He also played with Ness at artist rights. I wish social d had a better archive.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member PhotoPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 16th, 2004
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wolfpits...I know...I agree...I would have never believed it but it still rolls around in the back of my head since Vetter is a fan of Social D and the Ramones...
    It still doesn't make sense....hell who knows?!

    Later...T

  5. #15
    Inactive Member PhotoPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 16th, 2004
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hhhmmm...kinda off topic but my FAV show was Social D opening for Ramones here in Houston at the Unicorn in '92...

    ...not sure of the truth of this (I can't remember) but there was a lousy band who went on before SD and no matter how good or bad they were we just wanted them off to see SD and Ramones...

    ...10 years later I was told that the band was Pearl Jam...?!

    Damn...I can't remember who they were...

    Later...T

  6. #16
    Inactive Member PhotoPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 16th, 2004
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ....however I DOOO remember getting back having all kinds of bruises from the pit...

    ...and passing George Foreman in his SL Bends on the way home...

    Later...T

  7. #17
    Inactive Member PhotoPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 16th, 2004
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    .
    .
    ....speaking of the Ramones, it's Joey's birthday today...

    Later...T

  8. #18
    Inactive Member swark's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 10th, 2003
    Posts
    615
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i've only seen them a few times....but best show was at the avalon......and best opening act was the hangmen in austin texas a few years ago...

    photopunk i see your from houston .....makes 2 of us....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •